Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Story to Tell

In the back row of an upper level African American studies class sits a vocal strong minded junior imputing brilliance into that days discourse. The subject; the practicality & viability of a nonviolent movement and Dr.King's steadfast adherence to this philosophy. The young man argues that King's initial sentiment had changed. The kid was a beast! Citing King's latter transcripts and letters which corroborates his point. While attempting to defuse those arguing the affirmative, he pans left to right and notices the wavering look he's spawned in other the students eye's. This small victory was enough for him and apparently enough for Professor Yuhuru, who subsequently concluded discourse. Amidst the silence that has blanketed the class like morning fog, Pro. Yuhuru tells him "your life is interesting, you should write a book".

-I never thought twice about it because I wasn't even a good writer. (smh)

On the green line halfway done with my daily commute, I build with the GOD Son of Man via text on current political, religious beliefs and the psychological impact on society. One of many emporia used conduce critical thought & insight. Son of Man pause's  "You should start writing a book". Before I can say "naaah" he gives his rebuttal; "it aint gonna be that hard, and people wanna here what you have 2 say". After convincing myself that it wouldn't hurt and might even be therapeutic(the verbiage most writers say), I start jotting down notes into my hand held. Once I had complied enough notes to support a fledgling attempt, my Pre, held to the regard of a convented religious book, will be unloaded scripture by scripture force feeding those who lend their minds to The Emporium.

-It's not a book but I'm meeting those that share this writing request halfway. I b talking crazy sometimes so read at your own discretion

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. This was a long time coming. You have spoken about putting your idealism(s), and thoughts in writing and releasing them upon the hearts and minds of the people for quite some time. Glad I could see it come to fruition. I know people will enjoy your rhetoric and satire. Looking forward.

    ReplyDelete